Reach out to Representative Frank Ryan and ask him to support fair funding legislation. He has a few school districts that are underfunded and has previously supported fair funding legislation.
- Phone: 717-783-1815 or: 717-838-3823
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or: https://www.pahouseformcenter.com/390/RepFrankRyan/SecureContact
- Twitter: @FrankRyanCPA
- You can also point out that underfunded districts are forced to raise property taxes even higher, a point he may be sympathetic to.
- Be polite, but direct. We aren’t asking for fair funding- we are insisting on it- for the sake of just treatment of our children.
- Appeal to the morality of the issue- we aren’t treating all students with equal dignity and justice when we deny equity.
- Remind him that inequitable funding is driving local property taxes up the most in the poorest communities.
- Share something personal- how does this issue impact you, your kids, your community?
- Use these sample emails for parents, teachers, and taxpayers for guidance or as a template if you wish: