Call, tweet, or email State Senator Pat Browne, the Chair of the Senate Appropriations Committee, and tell him to provide for fair funding in the budget. The appropriations committees have immense power in terms of spending priorities. Sen Browne needs to hear from folks across PA that fair funding is no longer optional- it is essential.
If you live in his district (Lehigh), your voice will be especially impactful, but every Pennsylvanian should call. Allentown School District is wildly underfunded.
- Phone: 717-787-1349 or 610-821-8468 or 610-366-2329
- Email: https://www.senatorbrowne.com/contact-me/
- Twitter: @SenatorBrowne
- Be polite, but direct. We aren’t asking for fair funding- we are demanding it- for the sake of justice for our children.
- Share something personal- how does this issue impact you, your kids, your community?
- You don’t need to be an expert. Just speak what you know with conviction. PA students deserve equitable education funding.
- Use these sample emails for guidance or as a template if you wish. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wOMcE1D8-9adXNnwDv5q0c07NBr5lwwanynMfIkKHhw/edit?usp=sharing