Call, tweet, or email Senator John Yudichak. Senator Yudichak represents a number of seriously underfunded districts- Wilkes Barre, Jim Thorpe, Hanover Area, and Panther Valley, and Hazelton. He previously co-sponsored Senator Boscola’s bill and we are asking him to do it again.
Ask him to co-sponsor SB123 (Boscola’s current bill) which phases in full application of the fair funding formula.
- Be polite, but direct. This is an urgent priority and Rep Yudichak needs to hear that every year we fail to act more students are suffering.
- Explain why this issue is important to you- how does this issue impact you, your kids, your community?
- Remind him that inequitable funding is driving local property taxes up the most in the poorest communities.
- Share something personal- how does this issue impact you, your kids, your community?
- Use these sample emails for parents, teachers, and taxpayers for guidance or as a template if you wish: