Contact Representative Steven Mentzer, R-97. Representative Mentzer attended Manheim Township High School. Since he attended, the Manheim Township School district has lost per-student state basic education funding year after year. In the current school year, Manheim Township School District received almost $7M LESS in PA State Basic Education Funding than the Fair Funding Formula calls for! And over the 6 years since ACT 35 of 2016 was enacted, the school district has been underfunded by a total of over $42M compared to what it should have received if PA’s Fair Funding Formula was fully utilized for Basic Education Funding.
Ask him to co-sponsor Rep Ciresi’s and Rep Sturla’s Fair Funding bills. Both bills substantially advance the cause of equitable funding.
- Be polite, but direct. This is an urgent priority and Rep Mentzer needs to hear that every year we fail to act more students are suffering.
- Explain why this issue is important to you- how does this issue impact you, your kids, your community?
- Remind him that inequitable funding is driving local property taxes up the most in the poorest communities.
- Share something personal- how does this issue impact you, your kids, your community?
- Use these sample emails for parents, teachers, and taxpayers for guidance or as a template if you wish: