Reach out to Representative Mark Gillen. Rep Gillen represents parts of Berks and Lancaster Counties. Most of his districts are shortchanged, missing out on around 16 million dollars a year collectively.
Rep Gillen has previously co-sponsored fair funding legislation. Ask him to make fair funding a major priority this year.
- Phone: 717-787-8550 or: 610-775-5130
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or: https://www.pahouseformcenter.com/406/RepMarkGillen/SecureContact
- Be polite, but direct. We aren’t asking for fair funding- we are insisting on it- for the sake of just treatment of our children.
- Appeal to the morality of the issue- we aren’t treating all students with equal dignity and justice when we deny equity.
- Remind him that inequitable funding is driving local property taxes up the most in the poorest communities.
- Share something personal- how does this issue impact you, your kids, your community?
- Use these sample emails for parents, teachers, and taxpayers for guidance or as a template if you wish: